Karachi City Cricket Association solicits the co-operation and support of its PCB cleared clubs affiliated and permitted clubs to follow the under-mentioned instructions in order to provide a rich brand of competitive cricket in a systematic manner.
1. All the old unfinished Tournaments should be completed by December 31, 2014 failing which the permission of such Tournaments shall stand withdrawn.
2. The proper season will start from July 01, 2014, preferably with the start and completion of KCCA Official Tournaments in first 3 months. Each Zone shall organize at least one Zonal League and one knock-out Tournament during every calendar year.
3. KCCA may organize two Tournaments centrally each year (one knock-out and one Senior League) on turf pitches as far as possible in addition to the following tournaments if any PCB tournaments date does not clash. KCCA will provide Winner, Runner Trophy of two official tournaments each year after the completion of the tournaments at the time of Prize Distribution ceremony to each Zone. The Senior League will be completed by 14 teams i.e. two finalists of each Zonal “A” Division League comprises of two groups, One group consist of Winner team of each Zone while the other group consist of runner up team of each Zone. The knock-out Tournament to be named as KCCA PRESIDENT CUP CRICKET TOURNAMENT shall be completed by 28 teams i.e. the four semi finalists of the each Zone. The Quarter and Semi Finals may be of two-day while the final may be of three-day duration depending upon the availability of grounds. In addition, KCCA will organize KCCA Junior’s Trophy on turf pitch to be completed by 28 teams i.e. the four semi-finalist of each Zonal ‘B’ Division League. KCCA will also organize two tournaments for registered departments with KCCA one knock-out and other is KCCA Inter Firms League basis.
4. The other tournaments which will be organized by the KCCA are. U-15, U-17, U-19 and Pantangular tournament. Any tournament organized by KCCA or PCB there will be fitness test of every cricketer for the selection of the 20 players squad, 1 Month before the start of the said tournament.
5. Permitted Tournaments: There shall be a restriction on the number of entries in privately organized Tournaments so that they may be completed within the stipulated 2 months period. No departmental team shall be entered in a club level Tournament except when especially permitted by the KCCA Council. Further, in order to encourage club cricket, the departments shall release their players to assist and play for their respective private clubs in authorized Tournaments, even if a department is playing a friendly fixture, on same day. Festival Tournaments may be organized for a duration of maximum 20 overs and only to celebrate the National days. The Tournament Committee of KCCA must be informed in advance through the respected Zones of such fixtures. Teams are liable to disciplinary action if they participate in unauthorized Festival Tournaments of unlimited duration.
6. KCCA Tournament Committee will henceforth grant permission to only PCB cleared Clubs of holding Tournaments at Karachi level only. PCB cleared club desirous of holding all Karachi Tournaments should apply to the Tournament Committee on the prescribed form through their Zones at least one month before the proposed date of commencement of their Tournament alongwith the Tournament Permission Fee in cash according to the following rates:
a) All Karachi Tournaments Rs.4,000/- for entries upto 40 teams, Rs.3,500/- for entries upto 32 teams, refundable if the Tournament is completed within the time given in all respects, otherwise the tournament permission fee will be forfeited.
b) Previous tariff of Umpires payment approved in the Council was held on 11th July, 2011.The Corrected tariff of old & new is as under.